Why do we do a Gait Analysis?
What we know about the Gait cycle is that it take 0.6 to 0.8 seconds to complete. In this time, all your joints will experience every motion they are capable of.
The initial part of my assessment follows the Anatomy in Motion (AiM) process which is a form of advanced gait analysis. This helps us determine which each joint in the body is doing in its 3 dimensions at any particular point of time. We can then determine which joints are working well and which ones are not.
Before your initial appointment, please send a short video of your gait as this will lead us nicely into the AiM process and our journey into discovering the causes of your problems.
- You need to download the Hudl app on your phone from any device, record a video of you walking and send it from the app to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record and share your gait (walking) video with me. Read specific instructions here
- If you are happy to do so, you can take posture photos, but not necessary. Read instructions here
- To make the most of working with me it is worth purchasing AiM wedges. You can either buy them in clinic with me or online here. The wedges are cheap and an option for you. If your mindset is on long term health they are very beneficial to use. (wedges are not required for initial appointment).
Technical Stuff For Recording and Sharing Videos
- Please read: How to set up hudl technique, record, and share videos ( don’t worry, it’s easy and free!)
- If you do not have a device that is compatible with Hudl, please Record your gait video using any device of your choice send via email it to email@example.com— please be sure to include your name in the text/email.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me